Kryptonian Font Overhaul: Version 7 now Available
A lot of progress was made on the Kryptonian language in translating the Man of Steel trailer. Mostly owing to one ridiculously-hard-to-translate sentence: "What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society intended." With all of this progress, several new features of the language were created (mostly verb prefixes), and the font has been updated in kind to support these new features.
I took the opportunity to, I hope, fix some of the spacing / metrics issues with the font so that it plays better with other (Roman) fonts. I moved the /i/ diacritic into proper diacritic characters instead of having it as a combining character, and I added several new ideographic symbols.
These changes, especially the change with the /i/ symbol, mean that the version 6 and the version 7 fonts are incompatible; they will output different letters. I feel it was the best step moving forward, but it does leave some portions of the site in need of updating. Mostly, if you see this character: I in the middle of a word and not by itself in the middle of a sentence, then that page has yet to be updated. So far I have updated all of the writing section's pages; the rest of the site will get updated over time as I am able.
I would love to have been able to use custom kerning to help spacing issues as well as make the font perform better with certain character combinations that are supposed to overlap. Alas, unfortunately, Firefox is the only browser that currently supports kerning. That means that I have to manually create certain characters as a combining character for it to look right at all in any other browser—this solution is less than optimal and leaves a lot to be desired, but it's what we're stuck with for now.
As always, you can download the latest version of the font on the Fonts Page.